Questions to ask When Hiring Responsive Website Design Company
Any company that has big plans for developing a strong presence over the Internet is going to discover the importance of providing a highly functional website. Because of this fairly new revelation, the website design industry has experienced explosive growth over the past few years. It used to be enough to just have a website, but now potential customers are looking to do business with companies that have made a significant investment in its website. They are looking for sites that allow for easy navigation and provides all the necessary information and functionality needed to makes good purchasing decisions.
The Website Development Decision
Very few companies are willing or able to invest capital in order to hire internal resources for the purposes of building and maintaining an appropriate web presence. The process involves more than throwing up a website. There are also marketing programs that need to be developed in order to assure the company gets the desired traffic from its site. Because of these factors, more companies are coming to the realization that these processes are better delegated to outside resources. That usually means website design companies that have the requisite expertise and staffing.
Key Questions to ask When Hiring Responsive Website Design Company
As is the case with most other industries that are experiencing aggressive growth, the process of finding the right website design company has become more difficult. In order to weed through an extensive list of possibilities, the need for a in-depth interview of prospective design companies has become very important. Here are some key questions that should be directed at website design company representatives.
1. Can you provide information about your company’s track record? – You will want to find out about client retention, what industries they might specialize in, what types of sites they develop and whether or not they can provide references (in the relevant industry if possible).
2. Is the company financially stable? – The last thing you want to do is start a project with a company on the verge of closing its door. This line of questioning presents the perfect opportunity to ask about company owners, how long they have been in business and the company’s future prospects. You can also ask if they would be willing to offer up some financial statements.
3. What are the company’s qualifications? – This is the time to find out about the company’s standing in the industry. You can ask about possible innovations, Better Business Bureau and Dunn and Bradstreet ratings and possible special credentials or licenses they may hold.
4. What services are offered? – You want to find out if the company is a full-service web design company that offers site design, marketing services, mobile app development services and system integration services. Also, you want to find out if they work extensively with search engine optimization (SEO).
5. What is the company’s pricing model? – Of course, pricing is extremely important. You want to find out how they bill (flat rate, hourly, by services rendered) and how they handle overages and extras that might pop up.
6. What is the company’s organizational structure? You can get a good sense of how a company operates if you gain an understanding of the company’s internal structure. It is here that want to find out about what type of team would be assigned to your project and what and kind of credentials does your proposed team members carry.
While there may be other relevant questions that need to be asked, the answers to these six questions should provide a good basis for making a good decision. By asking these questions before enlisting the services of a website design company, you stand a better chance getting the desired results at the right price.